Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back from Columbus

Russell and I are back from the TNNA show in Columbus, OH and we bought some good stuff for the store. It should be arriving starting in a week or so and continuing for the next month or two. We bought from a number of new designers including Ruth Schmuff, Shelly Tribbey, Kathy Schenkel, Leigh Designs, Maggie & Co./Ewe & I, Kelly Clark and Raymond Crawford. I am telling you -- lots and lots of good stuff coming.


We decided to take the plunge and buy some cross stitch and counted canvas patterns/supplies. I've included a photo of Russell and I with famous cross stitch designer, Nora Corbett (she's a lovely person). I also met Suzanne Howren and Beth Robertson of Stitches for Effect fame (also very nice) and Amy Bunger (a real hoot).


We also bought some crewel supplies and are looking forward to introducing ourselves and our customers to some new needle-related activities. Look for cross stitch and crewel embroidery classes in the next couple of months.


I also want to take this opportunity to thank Patsy Swain, Nancy Kingsbury and Steve Smith who were hugely helpful in manning the store while we were gone. Good job and thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Ack! What a great picture! I'm so jealous you have a picture of you two with Nora. :)

    ReplyDelete