Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Doing What's Good For You

Sometimes it is hard to do the things that you know are good for you. Take for instance last night. I was tired and I had some time to do whatever I wanted. I knew that I should work on my Christmas stocking but for some reason I resisted. I thought about watching TV or reading but then I pushed myself and got out the stitching supplies and do you know what? I had a really nice time just stitching away.


It's amazing how relaxing needlepoint can be. I think that for sure my blood pressure dropped a few notches as I listened to the newly released recording of Beverly Sills singing Norma and concentrated on the little holes in front of me and laying the silk threads just right and very little of anything else. It was just what I needed to do so why did I have to push myself to do it? Who knows? I am not sure that it matters all that much. So what's my point? Push yourself -- to do those things that you know are good for you.


On a totally unrelated note, Marianne Charbonneau has just gotten herself a new dog -- Pebbles. Here they are stitching together in the store yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment