Thursday, October 15, 2009

News from the Store

Well, I don't have to tell you about the article at the Caron web site ( http://www.caron-net.com/ ) This is a great web site filled with lots of useful information, free patterns and designer profiles.

In other news, we have a new trunk show in house from Silver Needle of Greenwich, CT. Silver Needle is the officially licensed distributor of designs featuring Paddington Bear™, The World of Peter Rabbit™, Goodnight Moon™ and Hadley Pottery™. They have a great line of city and state ornaments, also lots of canvases with a Martha's Vineyard/Nantucket/Cape Cod theme as well as children's storybook characters.

We've hired another new person -- Jonelle Kelly who will be doing bookkeeping for us as well as general problem solving and believe me have we got problems for her to solve.

We've almost finished processing the Watercolours collection from Caron. This is a gorgeous line of variegated thread in 3-ply pima cotton. The line has been much requested and having taken photos of all the different colors I can personally attest to the luscious character of these variegated threads. They have both a wonderful sheen as well as intriguing color combinations. I am hoping to have them on the floor by this weekend (fingers crossed).

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Caron interview. I am very pleased Caron showed off your shop as it is too far for me to visit but I can virtually hang out a bit there courtesy of what Caron wrote. I think you will be very pleased with Watercolours as many folks pull a Watercolours overdye they like and then use it to choose the other colors for a geometric charted project. I prefer Waterlilies myself (I love silk) and Impressions is my favorite silk/wool blend, too. (Vineyard Silks is great but not on congress cloth).

    Anyway, congratulations on your first (almost) year. May there be many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using Watercolours myself for about ten years - it's a staple of life for me. As Jane says - it's also great for creating color schemes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. I definitely can see myself choosing one of the watercolours combos and creating a project based on the colors. I did a little experiment the other day and it was interesting to see the difference between how the watercolours look when stitched basketweave vs continental. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete